Mim In Disney

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

DCL - 2016 Mediterranean. Day 1: On Board

We had booked the cheapest room available which was a Guaranteed Inside Stateroom, we received our room number a couple of weeks before the Cruise itself, and I was a little nervous. Whilst we had been lucky enough to receive a Deluxe Inside Stateroom for the price we paid, we were on Deck 1 Midship, next to the stairs. Honestly, there was nothing at all to worry about and I would quite happily book the same room, or its equivalent on the other ships for next time we cruise!














Because we had a late PAT it meant that our room was ready for us when we arrived but that we didn't have long before the mandatory Guest Assembly Drill at 4pm and then the Adventures Away party on deck 9 at 4:30, the "All Aboard! Let the Magic Begin!" in the Walt Disney Theatre at 6:30 before Dinner at 8:30 at Lumiere's! Oh, and I think Rowan went to Oceaneer Club/Lab somewhere in there too!

Thought we were going on a relaxing Cruise? It is Disney remember, nothing says relaxing better...?! ;)

We had been allocated the late dining assignment, which started at 8:30, I am not sure which we would of chosen ourselves but our thoughts behind the late one working was that Rowan was more likely to stay awake to eat than to see the late evening show which we didn't want him (or us!) missing out on. Dinner times were often exhausting as we were all tired, and Rowan - well, he was shattered! Luckily we had been paired with a lovely couple with a 5 year old, Tyler, and him and Rowan got on well, as did Dominic, myself, Andrea and Scott so, if you are worried about sharing your dining table, our experience says don't be!




It had been a long day, and I didn't take photos of every plate we had to eat on the first night... or the menu! Sorry!!

It was straight to bed after dinner, now I will add something important here! Remember, no matter how tired you are to set your watch to ship time before you go to bed. Turn your phone auto time function off to! I had no idea what time it was that I had set my alarm for the next day. When I woke up on Sunday morning, before my alarm - I had to wander very bleary eyed to find a Cast Member to learn the real time. It was time to get up for our pre-booked Character Breakfast!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home