Mim In Disney

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

DCL - 2016 Mediterranean. Day 2: At Sea

Aside from the very confused "what time is it?" start to the day, our first full day on the Magic started wonderfully with our Character Breakfast and our first taste of how much food you can pile on your plate on the ship! Here is where I am going to point out that Rowan is a vegetarian, so his options were limited both on land and sea...

Something I didn't mention about dinner on night one was been introduced to our servers for the entire vacation. I Ketut and Mugu were both fantastic, so quick to learn the names of everyone on the table as well as how best to meet their needs. You see the plastic cup with a lid on in the photo of Rowan's breakfast? Well children's drinks are always served in these. I think it was on our 2nd dinner I asked Mugu if we could have one each with orange juice in to take to our room for our bedtime drink (deck 9 is where the only soda fountain is, which is a long way from deck 1!) he was more than happy to do this, and we only had to ask once, by the end of the holiday they were on the table ready before I had even had time to think about it! There are fridges in the staterooms, and if you are like me and Rowan and do not drink fizzy drinks the options at the fountain are limited to water, milk, hot drinks and Minute Maid Lemonade so take advantage of dinner time drinks and grab spares!!



After breakfast it was time for some pool and the Aquadunk! I loved it! Managed it 6 times in total over the holiday!! Our ship was a full sailing and we barely had to queue for it, the pool was busy though and was more bobbing in water watching the funnel vision or just splashing around then it was ever swimming! I did not go in the adults pool at all, but Dom assures me it was lovely!!

I got the times wrong again at the pool and dragged Rowan out to get ready to meet Spiderman, Thor and Captain America and hour too early - I repeat, set your watch to ship time!!! ;) so he went off to the Club whilst we got changed (and tried to get a brush through my hair - note to self *pack a better hairbrush*!) 

This trip report is full of warnings.... 

***CAUTION*** do not hit your head on the bunk bed!! It hurts! A LOT!! After lots of tears and 2 ice packs from Guest Services it was OK, the bump and bruised made for attractive photos for the rest of the holiday though.... :S

I took myself off to O'Gills Pub for the Ultimate Disney Trivia whilst Dom and Rowan met Captain America, and managed only second place! There was some hard questions and obviously a ship full of A* DisNerds!

After some more time up at Deck 9 we started to think about lunch, we had missed all the buffet options so went back to our room and ordered room service which is included in your Cruise (most options are anyway...!)  

I had heard of people ordering milk and cookies to their room on a night, this is not something we took advantage of this time, but seems logical to me!

After lunch (which was at about 4pm!) we had some more time back on Deck 9 / Oceaneers (including a VERY low flying plane - presumably a private jet - flying right past us) before getting changed AGAIN for formal night. Now, before we sailed we had heard rumours of there not been a formal night, and that it was only semi-formal. This was not the case and some of the attire was STUNNING! We were smart-ish but not formal by any stretch of the imagination unfortunately. 

The wonderful thing about the DCL is there is always something for everyone! I think I could happily do a Transatlantic and not worry about been bored on the ship. After we watched the "Twice Charmed - An original twist on the Cinderella story" together we split up to enjoy different parts of the ship. Rowan went to the Marvel Avengers Academy and had a great time in the Oceaneers Club, Dom went to O'Gills to join in with the 80's Music Trivia and I waited at Preludes to meet Mickey, I joined the line whilst it was still Minnie but was one of the first for the swap over. Minnie's dress was stunning, and I could of maybe gone back to try meet her after dinner but was sleepy by then! Whilst I was in line to meet Mickey the line all got the privilege of witnessing a proposal which was lovely (she said yes!)!

Tonight for dinner we ate at Animator's Palate, where again I forgot to take a photo of the actual menu but here is our food choices:
 





Animator's Palate is my favourite restaurant on board, and I would happily eat here every night, but I guess everyone needs to have a turn!! ;) It is the most Disney of the restaurants but that is all I am saying about that!

and after dinner, bed!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home